Monday, February 16, 2009

What I'm STILL reading now



Hi PEEPS! Hope everyone had an awesome three-day weekend (if you are a student). Hope all of you read a book :0). So I finished 39 Clues: Maze of Bones by Rick Riordan and started 39 Clues: One False Note by Gordon Kormon. This one picks right back up where the twins, Amy and Dan, and their nanny--ahem--au pair are leaving Paris for Vienna in search of the next big clue. From Benjamin Franklin to Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart; from Rick Riordan to Gordan Korman, you never know when the next twist or turn is gonna happen! I'm also STILL reading The Hour I First Believed by Wally Lamb. I know...it's taking me forever, but I don't read grown-up books like I eat chocolate. Nope, it takes me a little while...and besides, this book should be savored...it really is THAT good. I also just started reading a fan-freaking-tastic book called The Last Invisible Boy by Evan Kuhlman. The chapters are uber-short, which I really love, and the story reminds me a lot of the Wimpy Kid books, but a lot sadder (oh, and in case you didn't know, the third Wimpy Kid book is out). So, anyway, that's where I am.

Okay, so how awesome was TLF '09? OMG if you didn't get to go, you missed out, and you better plan your ride for TLF '11, 'cause we're lining up authors RIGHT NOW! I got to be Gail Giles's (What Happened to Cass McBride?)host for the day, and I'll tell you what, I had a BLAST. I also got to have dinner with Rene Saldana (Whole Sky Full of Stars), Terry Trueman (Stuck in Neutral and Hurricane), Deb Caletti (Honey, Baby, Sweetheart), and Sonya Sones (What My Mother Doesn't Know). Talk about a group a fun CRAZIES! I had a total BLAST, and I got to meet Terry Trueman's TWIN! Did you know he has a twin? Yeah...he had no idea either....! YIKES! Ask me about about it when you see me. Here's the TLF '09 animoto...enjoy! Gladden out!










No comments: