Monday, March 23, 2009

Graveyards and Humor...what a Spring Break!

So, as I am currently stalking, um, I mean, twittering Neil Gaiman, I thought I would finally snatch this Newbery winner out of your hands (as I have two copies, but you guys always have them checked out) and get it read. YIPPPEEEEE! Another book I CANNOT put down. After
finishing Jellicoe Road, I thought I'd never read another as good, but I was SO wrong! Who is to take care of this little baby left to his own devices? Well, the dead, of course. Who else will save him from the patient murderer who will stop at nothing to kill Nobody? Um, I told you already, the dead, of course. YUMMY! I cannot wait to read more, and illustrations are fab.

I also finished listening to Harmless by Dana Reinhardt. Um, not so harmless...what happens when you think what you are telling is a little white lie and it turns out to be a gynormous-hurt-everybody lie? Well, it's anything but harmless, and this audio was not as brilliant as most, but it kept my attention as the three girls were narrated by three different actors.






So, what am I listening to now? The Minister's Daughter by Julie Hearn. OMG. I thought this was going to be one of those Salem witch books yada yada hang the poor innocent thing...yeah, I was so wrong. How about the Salem witch book with fairies and witches and stuff? I am so all over it that I cannot wait to go places just so I can hear the book.



Lastly, I got to read a fantasically funny grown-up book (props to Mrs. Fontenot) that I loved VERY much--so much so that I am now stalking--um twittering--THAT author and starting on her next book. Anyone who knows me knows I rarely do sequels. And since I won't be able to do her justice, just visit her website instead. You'll love it. Oh, the book was called Bitter is the New Black by Jen Lancaster, and sorry, I've already passed it on. Gladden OUT!

No comments: