Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Thing #12

I really liked the Ten Commandments of Blog Commenting. My two favorite "rules" were to use emoticons and have a sense of humor. It's so hard to emit tone across the internet, so it's important that readers know that are not being attacked at every turn. On the other hand, in Edublogger Etiquette, I also found it interesting that you don't and shouldn't respond to everyone and everything. I try to look at it as though I would a conversation...I wouldn't interrupt, but if I had something valuable to add, I would...and I wouldn't scream or be mean or call names. Why should social moires fly out the window simply because we are conversing across wires?



The two blogs that I really enjoyed that I found were http://blog.despair.com/ which is pretty irreverent but absolutely hilarious. It's company mission statement is this: "We're not satisfied until you're not satisfied." The other one that I loved (because I LOVE political humor) was http://thekarmicboomerang.blogspot.com/ . These probably won't be useful in the classroom (unless you want to teach satire), but they are hysterical.

No comments: