Thursday, July 24, 2008

Thing #18

I absolutely use and adore Google docs. It's a networked computer away from your network. I have been using it for sometime, and it has saved me countless worries and questions about "did I bring that flash drive...or is this powerpoint too big to email...???" No more of that nonsense. I stopped the download of Open Office. It was too big, but I very much appreciate the notion of a bunch of people coming together to make these things free (as with Google as well) for people instead of making Bill Gates and Microsoft richer. I work in a Title I school, and I know if we can get some parents in for some free training--since they don't have Office Suite--these things will come in very useful. Heck, I'm using them to death, and I have Office Suite!

No comments: