Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Thing #6

Okay, so I had NO idea what a mashup was. I spent a ton of time messing around with this stuff. This will definitely go into the teacher resource lesson this year. I did make a trading card of myself...pretty scary. My favorite mashup, though, was the pallette generator from flickr. You can take any picture, and it will generate the colors from that picture into little paint swatches. For example, if I wanted to paint my dining room the colors of the picture of Greece that I posted earlier, the pallette generator will break apart all of the colors in the Greece picture into colors such as "dolphin," "bison hide," and "pink swan." It also has many cool ways to manipulate photos. My daughter is an art major. She's going to have a field day with this! Additionally, I made a lovely trading card of myself using the Warholizer. Like I said, this stuff could be addicting if you let it.

No comments: