Monday, July 21, 2008

Thing #7

Hello all!

I have used some Google tools in the past, but most recently, I have experimented with Picasa and Google alerts. I had made a powerpoint for my husband who organized a parade in our community. Well, the powerpoint was too big to send through email. From what I had learned through the technology on Library2Play, I quckly set him up on his own blog, changed the powerpoint into a Picasa presentation, and all he had to do was email the link! It was fast and easy. Had I known sooner, I would have used Google Docs to make the presentation.

What I also love is the Google alerts. It's important for me to know who is reading my blog, www.hoboteacher.com , and how often. Google sends me an email every time someone gets on. Often times, publishers that I have sents query letters to check out the blog. Hey, a girl needs to know these things!

No comments: