Thursday, July 24, 2008

Thing #17

I know I keep saying this, but I think Rollyo is one of my favorite thnigs that I have found so far. It is an excellent organizational tool for teachers, especially RELA and history, who are looking for a neatly boxed group of places their students can go to search for information other than the databases we provide them. It also saves me an immense amount of time trying to create assignment guides for them for each assignment. I also love how the students can access Rollyo at home and continue with the assignment. It is brilliant in its simplicity.





In mine, make sure when you get in there, you click on my name so you can see my list of hoax websites. My objective was to create a kid-user-friendly list of hoax websites so that when I teach internet authority, objectivity, and authenticity, I can show the students the different websites, and have them all ready in one place. What I didn't learn until I had Rollyo link to my blog is that I was creating a search engine (yes, I watched the video); I am hard-headed...sometimes it takes me awhile, but that's why we're here. So, anyway, my search engine is useless, really. But I get the jist, now. The reason it is useless is b/c these website have nothing in common except they are hoaxes. Th problem with that is that the websites do not announce themselves as hoaxes as say spa websites would announce themselves as spa websites. But hey, I can learn.

No comments: