Monday, July 21, 2008

Thing #8

Yeah, okay, so I'm not so big on RSS feeds, and I'll tell you why. I often have to decide if I am going to go to work and work or go to work and read my email. The last thing I want to do is go to work and read blogs or the news even. I am so busy all day that I do not have time to do any of that. When I get home, I am nowhere near a computer. Although I think the technology is good stuff, it's just not for me. Because of that, no one would probably think my blog choices are any fun to read anyway, so I'll keep them private...but I will say that this tool sort of reminds me of a listserv, which is probably why I don't like it. :(

I do think, though, that teachers could really use these in their classrooms (if not filtered) for say, science blogs to see if new technology is posted or English teachers to see if the students' favorite authors have posted. Like I said, it definitely has value, just not "my thing." Ha ha.

No comments: